This one-day virtual programme is suitable for trainers who want to learn a range of tips and techniques to take your training to another level.
The key purpose of a training event is to help people to learn. Learning is an active process – people learn best when they feel involved, can ask and answer questions, discuss, debate, try things out, work in teams, and reflect on and apply ideas. Great trainers understand how people learn, what stops them learning and how to create a stimulating learning environment. Great trainers are facilitators – they encourage and manage discussions, ask great questions, set up interesting activities and provide a truly engaging learning experience.
This practical-based, one-day virtual programme is packed with tips and techniques to take your training to a whole new level. It is suitable for new and experienced trainers who want to avail of the latest thinking, delivery and facilitation approaches so that they can provide motivational, memorable and dynamic training courses.
At the end of this course you will:
- Be aware of the eight core competencies of a great trainer.
- Understand how adults learn; how to cater for different learning styles; how to use learning logs.
- Know how to structure a training event, set up and debrief group activities.
- Be able to show flexibility in terms of – room layout, session timings, letting participants contribute within time constraints, how to handle difficult participants.
- Be able to facilitate at an advanced level – the “right” questions to ask to promote discussion.
- Be confident using modern visual aids – video clips, flip charts, PowerPoint, music.