How To Hold A Challenging Conversation
Many managers and employees find it difficult to hold a challenging conversation.
The need to have a difficult conversation could arise when disagreeing with or challenging someone’s opinion, providing difficult feedback either about performance or behaviour, saying “no”, having conversations about personal problems such as sickness, or handling an emotional meeting.
This virtual workshop provides tips and proven techniques to confidently hold a challenging conversation.
In 90 minutes participants will learn how to hold a challenging conversation by:
- identifying what we mean by a “challenging conversation”
- becoming familiar with the 4-Step Challenging Conversation Model
- identifying your typical behaviour when faced with a challenging situation
- learning techniques to show empathy and seeking first to understand.
Virtual Workshop Content
In this virtual workshop participants identify when they have to have challenging conversations, what a challenging conversation might look like and why it is important to have such conversations.
The workshop focuses on the 4-Step Challenging Conversation Model – creating the right environment, giving information, gathering information, and action planning.
Using a short profile, participants identify their preferred style when holding a challenging conversation – aggressive, assertive or passive.
We also explore the key skills of showing empathy, asking great questions and creating the context for being a good listener.
The workshop concludes with a practical challenging conversation work-related role-play.
“People almost never change without first feeling understood”
If you would like to talk to us about this or any other course
you are more than welcome to get in touch.
Call us on 01727 898 332 or email us at email@example.com
Why 90-Minute Training?
Because your people can:
- Easily access powerful remote learning from anywhere in the world.
- Learn and develop even when faced with a busy work schedule.
- Choose only the most relevant courses to their individual needs.
- Experience variety in their training – not just one subject during the day.
- Refresh skills, learn some new ones and leave re-energised.
- Discover practical techniques they can use straight away.
- Network with colleagues from other departments.
- Make a powerful impact on what they do and how they do it.
Because your organisation can:
- Provide timely development to remote workers, based in any location.
- Align courses to easily complement your other programmes.
- Focus training in what you really need – pick & mix workshop titles.
- Maximise your investment with this cost and time efficient concept.
- Create themed days to support your key business initiatives.
- Extend training opportunities to far more people than traditional courses.
- Revitalise your people’s appetite for further learning.
- Engage your people with accessible, high-quality training.
Discover our other training programmes