How To Develop Your Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence is our ability to be self-aware and to recognise and manage our emotions and those of the people around us.
Emotional intelligence provides a framework to enable us to get the results we want in managing others and ourselves.
Unlike IQ, which is largely genetic, the skills of emotional intelligence can be learned. It’s not easy, however.
Growing your emotional intelligence takes practice and commitment. But the payoffs are well worth the investment.
Participants will learn how to recognise and manage emotions in yourself and others by:
- understanding what emotional intelligence really is
- becoming aware of the 5 facets of emotional intelligence
- identifying your emotional intelligence profile: a self-evaluation
- knowing how to be emotionally intelligent – the 10 principles for success.
Virtual Workshop Content
In this virtual workshop we explore the difference between self-esteem and self-confidence and the 5 facets of emotional intelligence are identified.
Participants identify how they would like to come across to others and, using a short profile, participants also find out how they actually come across to others in real life.
In a practical activity each participant identifies their core values and also complete a short emotional intelligence profile.
The workshop concludes with every participant taking part in a very powerful activity called The Power of Affirmation.
“If your emotional abilities aren’t in hand, if you don’t have self-awareness, if you are not able to manage your distressing emotions, if you can’t have empathy and effective relationships, then no matter how smart you are, you are not going to get very far.”
Daniel Goleman, author of Emotional Intelligence
Our 90-minute virtual workshops are designed to make a powerful impact on what your people do and how they do it.
Finding time for training in today’s busy world isn’t easy. Leading Edge Leadership’s 90-minute virtual workshops provide your people with the flexibility to attend highly focused learning workshops that will fit in easily around their hectic work schedules.
- Each virtual workshop is completed in 90 minutes – no longer than the average meeting. Anyone can connect – from anywhere in the world.
- Each virtual workshop is highly focused and contains the essentials of the topic it covers.
- Up to three virtual workshops can be held in any one day.
- You can choose any combination of workshop titles and have up to 25 people in attendance in each workshop – so you can provide training for up to 75 delegates per day.
The “How To” 90-minute virtual workshops are designed using accelerated learning techniques to ensure maximum learning in minimum time. Each 90-minute workshop allows your people to learn new skills to put into effect straight away. Incredibly time and cost efficient, this “How To” series of virtual workshops reflects the realities of today’s business environment.