The Highly Effective Manager
To achieve great results every business and organisation requires every employee to continually develop their skills and behaviours. When an individual is in a management role, they take on the responsibility of achieving those great results through other people.
In this highly interactive and practical two-day programme we focus on the role of the manager and what makes a highly effective manager. Using fascinating real life insights and everyday business examples, six key areas of management are explored in a unique way augmented with challenging practical activities, role play, multimedia and story-telling.
We use a robust evaluation system to measure the performance of the participants before, during and after the training.
Before the training, each participant is sent a questionnaire to assess their existing knowledge, skills and experience. During the delivery of the training programme each participant records key learning points at the end of each of the six sessions in their Personal Development Plan. At the end of the training programme each participant identifies their key learning points and draws up an action plan. After two months each participant is contacted again and asked to rate their knowledge of the key learning points and describe how their behaviour has changed.
This is Leading Edge Leadership’s signature management programme providing a truly engaging learning experience for managers at every level.
The programme is also available as Virtual Training. Please click here for more information.
“Before you become a manager, success is all about growing yourself;
when you become a manager, success is all about growing others.”
Jack Welch, former CEO of General Electric
At the end of this course you will:
- Have identified the core skills, behaviours and mindset of a highly effective manager.
- Know how to manage your time effectively in terms of how you plan, prioritise and delegate.
- Be able to manage performance effectively through the writing of SMART objectives, asking the “right” questions in informal conversations, and knowing how to hold an effective performance review meeting; understand how to manage under performance.
- Know how to recruit, develop and build a high performing and motivated team.
- Understand the key principle underlying all successful change and be familiar with a simple step-by-step process for managing successful change.
- Be able to communicate effectively in terms of body language and the words you use, learn how to give and receive feedback, including a technique to give a difficult message.