The ability to cope with change is crucial to business and organisational success. To remain competitive in challenging times, organisations and the individuals within them have to adopt a positive attitude to change. Change should always be seen as an opportunity.
Changing how people think and what they do will always be a challenge because resisting change is just part of human nature.
Organisations seeking to change need to engage their people to not only be recipients of change but to be proactive in finding new ways of doing things. Because, at the end of the day, organisations don’t change – people change.
At the end of this course you will:
- have self-evaluated how well you embrace change personally.
- know how to always sell change as an “opportunity”.
- have identified the FIRST thing that needs to happen for successful change to happen.
- leave with a simple step-by-step process for managing successful change – developing a genuine vision for change, equipping your team with the skills to change, providing incentive, ensuring the right resources are in place for the change to happen, putting an action plan in place.
- become familiar with the change curve and understand why people resist change.
- know the four questions you need to ask of your team to ensure change becomes embedded in your everyday culture.