The ability to negotiate is crucial to business success today. Yet few of us are armed with the confidence, the skills or the qualities required for successful negotiation.
There is a belief that people are either good or bad at negotiation and little can be done to change that. There is also the belief that negotiation is an art rather than a science, and as a result people rely on gut instinct or intuition when they negotiate. Both these beliefs are myths.
This one-day course provides a clear, simple and effective approach and will equip participants with the tools and techniques to be more effective as a negotiator.
At the end of this course you will:
- Have identified the four key stages of a successful negotiation
- Be aware of the 2 key factors for a successful negotiation
- Have identified your preferred negotiation style
- Have explored the 10 key interpersonal skills for negotiating successfully
- Be more aware of the “games” negotiators play
- Have taken part in a variety of negotiation role play scenarios and identify good practice and not so good practice.