At the end of this course you will:
- understand the unusual combination of attributes for effective leadership.
- know what defines you as a leader, what you believe about leadership, and how you lead as a leader.
- understand that success in leadership is about “growing others” to be leaders.
- be aware of the importance of having a strategic vision; know how to build rapport and show empathy in order to sell your vision and get buy-in.
- know how to give and receive feedback and be aware of the power of affirmation.
- have teased out the critical conversations every highly effective leader needs to have regularly with their team/s.
- know how to coach to build a high performance culture.
- be able to deal with difficult people and situations and learn a technique to differ decisively.
- be aware of the lessons every leader can learn from the leadership style of Barack Obama.
Day 1 Session One
The Paradox of Leadership
- A belief in oneself V a decent doubt.
- A passion for the job V an awareness of others’ worlds.
- A love of people V a capacity for aloneness.
Day 1 Session Two
What Defines You As A Leader
- Identifying your core leadership values.
- Your preferred leadership style.
- What you believe about leadership – your leadership point of view.
Day 1 Session Three
How You Communicate As A Leader – Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating
- Creating and communicating a strategic vision.
- How to build rapport and empathy – the 10 key principles.
- How to give and receive feedback – the power of affirmation.
Day 2 Session Four
The Critical Conversations Every Leader Needs To Have
- The 4 questions every highly effective leader asks.
- Why highly effective leaders “start with why?”.
- How to coach to build a high performance culture.
Day 2 Session Five
Dealing With Difficult People and Situations
- Handling people who are aggressive/complainers/always negative/know-it-all/super-agreeable/the quiet one/indecisive.
- How to differ decisively without being aggressive.
- Your preferred conflict handling style – a self-evaluation.
Day 2 Session Six
Building and Leading a High Performing Team
- The different stages involved in recruiting, building and leading a high performing team.
- A step-by-step process for dealing with under performance.
- The lessons we can learn from the leadership style of Barack Obama.
Leadership is simple, but not easy. We make leadership easy – by keeping it simple.