Listening is the key to all effective communication. Without the ability to listen effectively, messages are easily misunderstood, communication breaks down, and the sender of the message can easily become frustrated or irritated.
If there is one communication skill you should aim to master, then listening is it.
In 90 minutes participants will learn how to listen more effectively by:
- understanding why we need good listening skills
- becoming aware of the 5 levels of listening
- learning about the 10 principles of listening
- understanding the concept of active listening
- participating in a practical activity to practise and embed listening techniques.
In this workshop participants explore why good listening skills are so important in today’s workplace.
We identify the five levels of listening and the importance of listening at levels 4 and 5.
In a practical group activity participants reflect on the 10 principles of listening.
The workshop highlights the importance of understanding that “great communicators are great listeners” and participants take part in a listening activity to practise their listening skills.
“Great communicators are great listeners.”
JJ Lynch, MD, Leading Edge Leadership