We live in a world where we have more of everything – except time. In today’s workplace we are expected to do more, do it better, do it quicker, and do it for less.
This course is for really busy people who want to be able to manage their time and themselves in the most effective way possible. The course helps you identify what steals your time and provides proven techniques to help you plan, prioritise, and delegate effectively.
- How well do you manage yourself to manage your time? – a self-evaluation.
- The three things that impact most on your time.
- Identifying your biggest time stealer and how to deal with it.
- The three most important things for managing time.
- Planning – the secret to writing an effective “To Do” list.
- How to manage email effectively.
- How to write SMART objectives for yourself and your team.
- How “not” to prioritise; the two criteria to use to prioritise your workload.
- The secret of saying “no” assertively without coming across as aggressive.
- How well do you delegate? – a self-evaluation.
- The difference between work allocation and delegation.
- A simple step-by-step process for ensuring effective delegation.
- Why delegation is so important to help get maximum productivity from your team.
- Participate in a range of practical activities using the above techniques to help you manage your time better.
At the end of this course you will:
- know how well you manage yourself in order to manage your time – a self-evaluation.
- know the three things that impact most on your time management and your biggest time stealer.
- know the secret of writing an effective “To Do” list and how to manage email effectively.
- be adept at writing SMART objectives for yourself and your team.
- be aware of the two criteria for prioritising and why we should try to do the “big tasks” first.
- know how to say “no” assertively without coming across as aggressive.
- understand the true purpose of delegation and have acquired a simple step-by-step process for ensuring effective delegation.