If you have ever been part of a really great team you will know just how rewarding it can be. Great teams and teamwork are the ultimate competitive advantage any organisation or business has. Yet it is not easy to achieve, because it is not a management achievement – it is the achievement of the individuals themselves.
Management can only provide an environment where good teamwork and great teams are able to emerge and blossom.
In this fast-paced programme you will learn how to build a great team and a high performance culture.
- The six characteristics of a great team leader; the seven features of all great teams.
- The different stages involved in building, managing and leading a high performance team.
- Understanding your personal style when managing your team.
- How to recruit, develop and grow your team.
- The five reasons why teams fail – and how we can avoid them happening.
- Continuous improvement – the four questions every team needs to ask of itself.
- Coaching your team to build a high performance culture.
- Maslow’s hierarchy of motivational needs as applied in a team context.
- A step-by-step approach for dealing with under performance.
- Practical role plays to deal with different team scenarios.
At the end of this course you will:
- be familiar with the six characteristics of great team leaders and the seven features of great teams.
- be aware of the different stages in building, managing and leading a high performing team.
- understand how you manage your team – your management style.
- know how to recruit, develop and grow your team.
- be aware of the five reasons why teams fail.
- know the four questions every team needs to ask of itself to ensure continuous improvement.
- know how to coach and motivate your team to build a high performance team culture.
- understand the root causes of under performance and learn a step-by-step process for dealing with under performance.